Salesperson License Application
The following is a summary of the requirements and procedures for obtaining a California Yacht and Ship Salesperson License.
- To be eligible, an applicant must be sponsored by a licensed yacht and ship broker who plans to employ the applicant.
- The broker may contact the Division to obtain a salesperson's license application. Pursuant to Harbors and Navigation Code Section 718, an application for a salesperson's license must be made on the form prescribed by the Division, signed by the applicant and by the employing broker, and must be accompanied by the appropriate fees.
- Mail the completed salesperson application, along with documents listed below to the Division.
- Temporary Salesperson Application (Optional--Good for 60 days),
- Yacht and Ship Salesperson's License Application Form (Required), and
- Request for Live Scan Service Form BCII 8016(Required).
Total Licensing Fees Due When Submitting Application:
$ 25.00 - Temporary Salesperson's License (optional)
$ 25.00 - Written examination
$100.00 -Yacht and Ship Salesperson's License
$150.00 Total (Personal and/or business checks or money orders should be made payable to "Division of Boating & Waterways").
Total Fingerprint Processing Fees
$56.00 Fingerprint Processing fee paid directly to the Department of Justice. Additional rolling fees to be paid to the DOJ Live Scan facility. (See Privacy Notice for instructions)
Upon receipt of your fees and the completed forms, the Division will process your application. You must include a current 2"X 2" head and shoulders, front view photograph, taken within one year prior to date of application. COMPUTER-GENERATED PHOTOGRAPHS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Study materials can be found on DBW's web site at: http://www.dbw.ca.gov/.
After receiving the appropriate fees and forms we will send your temporary license and/or salesperson examination information to the brokerage.
If additional information is required, please contact or Fahim Buksh 916-327-1838 at the above address.