Boating Safety and Enforcement Equipment Grant Program
Effective July 1, 2015, DBW anticipates the activation of the new online grant application system, "OLGA," available for the following grants:
- Boating Safety and Enforcement Equipment Grant Program (BSEE)
- Abandoned Watercraft and Abatement Fund (AWAF)
- Vessel Turn-In Program (VTIP)
- Surrendered and Abandoned Vessels Exchange (SAVE)
Grant applications submitted through OLGA will be accepted starting July 1, 2015, and closing at 5:00pm PST on July 31, 2015.
In advance of OLGA's activation, an instructional PowerPoint presentation will be available on Monday, June 29th, via the link under "Quick Hits" on the left of this page. Please review this information before beginning your application.
To assist your familiarity with the OLGA system, DBW's program administrators will conduct optional video conference training sessions, on Wednesday, July 1st, and repeating on Wednesday, July 8th. You are strongly encouraged to participate in this training. Attendance of these optional sessions will be from the convenience of your office via website links. The day prior to these trainings, instructions regarding how to attend the training sessions by video conferencing will be made available on DBW's website here under the Grants and Loans tab on each grant program's specific link. No RSVP is required.
Each training date will consist of two sessions as follows:
To access our online video training for OLGA, please follow the steps below to join the video and phone conference. You will need to complete steps for both accesses. Please begin this process prior to the meeting start time of 10:00am for BSEE grants, and 1:00pm for AWAF/VTIP/SAVE grants. The meeting will start promptly and we will not be able to stop to assist you.
If you have any difficulty with the following steps, please contact Margaret Fowler at (916) 327-1906 for assistance.To join the video meeting:
Click on the following link to access the video conference (on your computer)
- The Welcome screen will pop up. Type in your name and click "Access Meeting." Do not log in or sign up for an account.
- Click Join Meeting
- Click on DOWNLOAD and at the bottom of the page click the yellow arrow to RUN.
- Click Join (again) do not select any options
Once these steps are completed you will be in the video meeting and you will see our screen on your monitor.
NEXT to join by phone:
Call the following number to join the conference by phone (for audio):
1 408 740 7256
or 1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
Enter Conference ID: 9013638229
Other DBW grant programs will be made available online through OLGA at future dates within the year. DBW will update the website as these programs become activated.
In accordance with Title 14, 6594.1, of the California Government Code of Regulations, California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) provides grants to local government agencies to purchase boating safety and law enforcement equipment through the Law Enforcement Equipment Grant Program.
Agencies interested in applying for a grant must submit a completed application packet by July 31st of each year, prior to the start of the federal fiscal year in which grant funds are requested. You may submit applications along with the “Letter of Intent” to:
California State Parks
Division of Boating and Waterways
ATTN: Corrina Dugger
One Capitol Mall, Suite 410
Sacramento, CA 95814
Local government agencies who can demonstrate a need for boating safety and law enforcement equipment pursuant to the application assessment criteria. Grants are for local boating safety and law enforcement only.
- Law Enforcement Patrol Boats
- Marine Patrol Equipment
- Personal Watercraft (PWC)
- Search and Rescue Equipment
- Dive Gear
- Engines, repowers and replacements
- LETTER OF INTENT: On your agency’s letterhead, title this page “Letter of Intent” and include a statement of need. This statement should briefly explain existing or historical need associated with boating safety and law enforcement equipment procurement. State the amount of anticipated costs for specific equipment needs.
- GRANT APPLICATION: Complete the Grant Application. Note that the contact person is the individual representing your agency and will be DBW’s direct contact who will address ALL questions and concerns on behalf of the grantee.
Use the following information only to appeal the denial of an application.
E-mail: Ramona Fernandez, Boating Operations Program Manager
Call: (888) 326-2822
Write: One Capital Mall, Suite 410, Sacramento, CA 95814