Boating Safety and Enforcement Equipment Grant Program
- Boating Safety and Enforcement Equipment Grant Program (BSEE)
- Abandoned Watercraft and Abatement Fund (AWAF)
- Vessel Turn-In Program (VTIP)
- Surrendered and Abandoned Vessels Exchange (SAVE)
Grant applications submitted through OLGA will be accepted as of July 1, 2015 and will close at 5:00pm PST on July 31, 2015. Please submit your applications as soon as possible.
To introduce new users to OLGA, an instructional PowerPoint aid is available via the link under "Quick Hits" on the left of this page (second link from top). Please review this information before beginning your application.
The link to access and begin your application via OLGA is the first link on the left of this page, "ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION (OLGA)."
Other DBW grant programs will be made available online through OLGA at future dates within the year. DBW will update the website as these programs become activated.
In accordance with Title 14, 6594.1, of the California Government Code of Regulations, California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) provides grants to local government agencies to purchase boating safety and law enforcement equipment through the Law Enforcement Equipment Grant Program.
Agencies interested in applying for a grant must submit a completed application packet by July 31st of each year, prior to the start of the federal fiscal year in which grant funds are requested. You may submit applications along with the “Letter of Intent” to:
California State Parks
Division of Boating and Waterways
ATTN: Corrina Dugger
One Capitol Mall, Suite 410
Sacramento, CA 95814
Local government agencies who can demonstrate a need for boating safety and law enforcement equipment pursuant to the application assessment criteria. Grants are for local boating safety and law enforcement only.
- Law Enforcement Patrol Boats
- Marine Patrol Equipment
- Personal Watercraft (PWC)
- Search and Rescue Equipment
- Dive Gear
- Engines, repowers and replacements
- LETTER OF INTENT: On your agency’s letterhead, title this page “Letter of Intent” and include a statement of need. This statement should briefly explain existing or historical need associated with boating safety and law enforcement equipment procurement. State the amount of anticipated costs for specific equipment needs.
- GRANT APPLICATION: Complete the Grant Application. Note that the contact person is the individual representing your agency and will be DBW’s direct contact who will address ALL questions and concerns on behalf of the grantee.
Use the following information only to appeal the denial of an application.
E-mail: Ramona Fernandez, Boating Operations Program Manager
Call: (888) 326-2822
Write: One Capital Mall, Suite 410, Sacramento, CA 95814