Facility Grants and Loans
Grants and Loans Available for Recreational Boating Facilities with Public Access
Loan and Grant Applications are Accepted on a Continuous Basis.
The application deadline is February 2, 2015.
Applications for Private Loans, Local Assistance Loans, and Boat Launching Facilities (BLF) Grants will be considered for funding in the State's Fiscal Year 2016-2017 budget. Applications for Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grants and Ramp Repair and Modification Grants will be considered for funding in Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
Grants and loans are awarded on a competitive basis.
Grants are made to qualifying public agencies to fund facilities such as boat launching ramps, boarding floats, and associated parking areas, restrooms, and lighting for motorized and non-motorized boaters.
Loans are made to qualifying public and private entities to pay for improvements to marinas.
See below for useful documents pertaining to grant and loan applications:
- Application Instructions
- Application for Private Loans, Local Assistance Loans, or Boat Launching Facilities (BLF) Grant Funding
- Local Assistance Boat Launching Facility (BLF) Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Application for Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Funding
- Application for Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Funding
- Scope Items Guide
- Resolution Samples and Instructions
- Benefit/Cost Analysis Worksheet
- Application Packet Checklist
For more information, please contact Joe Dux at Joe.Dux@parks.ca.gov or (916) 327-1816.